RS232 Power Control Metal Case
Sometimes you need to switch on/off an AC load with a simple RS232 command. The market is full of WiFi based power control, but what if this is overkill? What if WiFi is not available, but a local microcontroller is? When our customer requested this part we found the easiest solution was to modify an existing remote relay controlled outlet to accept commands from a real RS232 connector.
- Upon application of utility power the device will energize the socket and turn the switch LED RED to indicate power is ON
- Power may be toggled by pressing the local power button. The LED will go off when power is OFF
- Power may also be turned on or off by sending RS232 commands through the DB9 port at 115200 BPS, N81
- ON => Turns the socket on
- OFF => Turns the socket off
- ? => returns current status, ON or OFF
- Max Load: 10A / 2200 W
- Serial Connectivity: Female DB9, RS232 @ 115200N81
- Firmware Upgrade: Via serial port
- Also available with USB virtual com port emulation.
- Hardware/Firmware customizations available upon request.
chat Comments (0)
No customer reviews for the moment.